Grapefruit oil is popularly known as a detoxification agent, as it helps activate your lymphatic system. It is often used to clear toxins, remove excess fluids and help burn fat. Others specific uses of this citrus essential oil include:
• Aromatherapy oil — When inhaled, grapefruit oil can help curb hangovers, headaches, mental fatigue and depression.
• Ingredient in skin and hair care products — Grapefruit oil is often added to creams and lotions to help treat acne and prevent oily skin. It is also known to help reduce the appearance of cellulite. In hair products, this oil also helps address oily hair.
• Appetite suppressant — Grapefruit oil can suppress your appetite. The effects can be intensified when it’s mixed with patchouli essential oil.
• Air freshener and deodorizer — Its fragrance is similar to citrus fruits like oranges and lemons. It can eliminate unpleasant odors in kitchens and bathrooms.
• Massage oil — When used as a massage oil, it can help relieve muscle and joint pain, menstrual cramps and headaches.