Camellia oil, also known as tea seed oil is the actual green tea oil. It comes from the seeds of Camellia sinensis, the plant from which all the tea is made. Tea seed oil is a wonderfully healthy in more ways than one. It is great for cooking, and from nutritional point of view. Tea seed oil is used in a number of beauty products.
Camellia oil exerts many therapeutic properties. They have healing and nutritional power, making them fit for use even in medicinal formulations.
* Emollient – Tea seed oil is a brilliant moisturizer.
* Antioxidant – Camellia oil, like green tea is a superb antioxidant. It resists rancidity strongly.
* Hair conditioner – used as a traditional hair treatment in the ancient times in China.
* Cicatrizant – promotes recovery of wounds and scrapes.
* Anti-Aging – protects the skin from free radical damage due to its antioxidant. Reduces ageing due to the skin and other environmental free radicals.
* Anti-microbial – It stops the proliferation of microbes. It is especially notable for its anti-fungal properties.
* Emulsifying Agent – This means that tea seed oil quickly emulsifies other fats. This makes it a nice additive to cosmetic products whether they are commercial or home-made.
* Astringent – It has a mild astringent effect which makes it good for treating injuries and scars.
* Anti-inflammatory – reduces inflammation on the skin.